Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Neetu Chandra : Bihar To Bollywood

She has no qualms being dubbed the first ‘Garam Masala’ from Bihar to make it big in Bollywood. “I take it as the biggest compliment,” says Neetu Chandra, lead actress of 13B, a supernatural thriller running successfully all over.
“Coming from small town Patna and getting to work in films like Garam Masala, Traffic Signal, One Two Three, Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye and 13B is a big deal and I am thankful to everyone who has supported me so far,” says Chandra who was nominated for the National Awards for her role in Traffic Signal.
“As an actress it was a satisfying experience, but with 13B, I can claim to have arrived,” says Neetu, the D’damas brand ambassador, in Lucknow to promote both, her film and the brand.
Neetu, who plays a newly-wed housewife opposite R Madhavan in the movie, says she likes to experiment with roles and that playing a range of characters enhances her histrionics.
“I started with a glamorous role, followed by a not-so-glamorous one in Traffic Signal, a cop in One Two Three and a college girl in Lucky.. what more can you ask for,” says the Gemini girl.
With no mentor around, was it as easy as it appears? “I had dozens of modelling assignments and was lucky to get Garam Masala with Akshay Kumar and John Abraham,” says Neetu, who has also done a Telugu film actress Godavari.
Four more films in her kitty, Neetu flaunts three rings in her right hand and claims her hands are full. “Khussar Prasad Ka Bhoot, Mumbai Cutting and a film each with Vipul Shah and Raj Kanwar are on the floors, while I am in talks for many more,” says the jewellery brand ambassador. Looking forward to doing item numbers, Neetu remembers featuring in Stardust in a stunning bikini shoot. “I got rave reviews for the photo shoot,” claims the actress who has a sports background.
“I am a Black Belt in Taekwando and a basketball player but could not pursue sports as I couldn’t get support from the government,” she says. “I love sports and play whenever I get the opportunity,” she says, insisting her ‘Mr Right’ may be someone from the sports field. “But, I don’t have anyone in my life as of now,” she clears the air.
A typical foodie, Neetu has launched her official website with an exclusive segment on food. “Besides talking about my journey in the industry, you will get to read recipes of my favourite dishes,” adds Neetu.

0 comments: