Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lalu Yadav celebrates 62nd birthday with gusto

PATNA - Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav celebrated his birthday party with pomp and show on Thursday.

He celebrated his birthday with family, friends, party workers and well-wishers amidst much fanfare.

A big cake was cut and distributed among the crowd present there. It was followed by his party workers offering him bouquets of roses and other presents.

Speaking to the media, Lalu said that although this is not his official birthday, his party workers celebrate the day with full enthusiasm every year.

“In estimation, I have turned 62 today. In all these 62 years, my life was full of struggle. I have decided to keep struggling in future. All my well-wishers and party workers celebrate my birthday every year and make merry. I also take part in their merry making and will not take rest until the poor and deprived sections of society make merry the same way,” he said.

Lalu’s party suffered huge embarrassment in the recent elections to the Lok Sabha. He was Minister of Railways from 2004 to 2009 in the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government. (ANI)

0 comments: